Sunday, June 16, 2013

0 My Favorite Apps for Android Smart Phones

Awesome Android Apps
Awesome Android Apps

These are the best, coolest, and easiest apps to use. Plus, they are free on Google play.

Even though my Android smart phone has some hang ups (no pun intended), I still love downloading apps and using them. All of these apps are free on Google Play, and are very easy to download, configure, use, and set up. And some of them even work when you're not using your Wi fi. So get your phones or tablets ready and prepare to download what I think are the coolest apps available on the market.

Everybody uses Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and Google plus; I don't need to talk about those. These apps are designed for your active and busy lifestyle, plus they are also a great way to get a read in while you're sitting idle somewhere.

For bookworms and for those who like to read or listen to the Bible, I've got a couple great apps for you as well.

Kindle

Yes, there is a Kindle app for Android, and I absolutely love it. I am downloading free books at the moment, but it also allows you to download paid publications too. You would do this with a credit card, and I am going to look and see if I can plug in an Amazon gift card and use that.

All of the books on my Wishlist are there, including A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin (I love dragon books!).

This amazing app allows you to download samples of paid publications so you can find out if you like the book or not before ordering it.

It also lets you keep your place so when you exit the app or your battery dies, it will go right back to where you left off when you launch the app again.

I also like the large font and the zoom in/out capability; great for tired eyes like mine.

This app is just like Kindle on a larger tablet, and it is so easy to use and navigate, which is what I like.

Bible App via YouVersion

For those of you who are spiritually inclined (myself included), you can't go wrong with the free Bible app via YouVersion. This app lets you do several things, including:

  • Read Bible verses and chapters in any translation of your choosing.
  • Bookmark your place automatically
  • Opt in to reading plans like devotionals, book excerpts, and more. It also reminds you each day (on a time that you program yourself) that it's time to read your plan.
  • Allows you to share what you just read on their website, Facebook, and Twitter.
  • Add notes either publicly through their site or privately.
  • Launch their website version directly from Facebook.when you connect your accounts.
  • Adjust the light settings as well as the font settings
  • You receive badges after dong various activities on the app, which prompts you to read even more

After you read for a while, you may want to go out and get a little exercise. Well, I've got good news: there's an app for that. Several, actually. Here's my favorites.

Runtastic

I had once downloaded a pedometer app, thinking this was all I needed, with my phone's stopwatch. Well, let's just say it didn't work out so good. I got rid of that and luckily found runtastic, which is...fantastic! I love how it calculates your steps, miles, calories, elevation gains and drops, and location with GPS. It also has a voice alert system which tells you when your GPS signal fails, how many miles you've gone, and how long you've been running. You can also switch from running to cycling to another activity. And all this can be set up to post automatically to runtastic.com, Facebook, and Twitter. It also has a music button that you push and you automatically start your playlist that you have stored on your phone. It's genius, and I love it. Plus it keeps me motivated to run; with a busy schedule like mine, I totally need that!

Runkeeper

This is also available for download, and it is set up rather well. I use it online however, so I haven't used it. But for those that love runkeeper.com, you will love this app. It is basically a "slimmed-down" version of the site, so it won't take any extra work to figure it out.

Workout Trainer

I have just browsed this app since downloading it, but it is awesome from what I've seen. This app allows you to get in the best shape of your life through free workout searches and Workout Programs.

  • You can see how many calories you burn through each workout,
  • Your coaches (yes, coaches!) guide you through exercises with timed, step-by-step audio, video, and photo instructions.
  • Give you encouragement as you work out.
  • This is a great app for people who want to get in shape without using any exercise equipment. (Read: you'll save money!).

I think Skimble did a great job with this one, and I can't wait to use it on those days that I am in recovery mode, and don't want to go run, ride the bike, or pull out any of my equipment. I also have a fitness/recipe blog, so I plan on navigating my readers toward easy, yet effective workouts.

There are a lot of apps that I use on my Android Smart Phone, and they sure make me look smart! But, not all of them get their day in the spotlight here; these do, because I think they have actually made my life better.

Isn't that what apps are all about?

Stars for each: (1 being poor, 5 being top notch)

Kindle: 5

Runtastic: 4 1/2 (sometimes the audio notifications are annoying)

Bible: 5

Workout Trainer: 4 (might get a 5 after I use it more)

Runkeeper: 4 1/2

Summary: These apps are:

  • free
  • easy to use
  • do not take up a lot of space on my phone or SD card
  • download fast
  • improve my life and make things easier
  • fun to use

I hope you enjoyed reading my little Android app review; leave me a comment telling me which apps you like the best!













0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Android Freeware Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates